Saturday, July 28, 2012

Costa Rica! #2 - Our Stomping Grounds

I was a little concerned that the meat we'd bought was not going to be ground beef. But it was. And I made tacos out of it. And they were delicious. Even with the weird cheese. And ketchup from a bag. I'm so happy that Lance can no longer mock me for putting ketchup on my tacos.
These tortillas are so good! All thick and soft and sponge-y and tasty...mmm!
This is right outside our condo, looking south. The little inlet kind of reminds me of the beach by Laurel's cottage.
We didn't dare get in the inlet because...there are crocodiles. For realsies.
Right outside our condo, looking north towards Herradura.
Those are our condos in the background. It's crazy how close we are to the water - at high tide it looks like it's in our back yard!
I haven't gotten to the part in the manual about how to effectively capture surfers surfing. We love watching them out there - some of them are SO good!
Hidden crab.
Crocodile log.
Our pool is so huge - I love it! Even if there are other people in the pool, I can still swim my laps. Plus it's nice and warm.
Buenas noches.

2 comments:

Pam said...

That inlet does look like the one @ the cottage! Yeah, NO---I ONLY like Alligator LOGS----no realsie ones!

Do you remember Jed's milk came in a bag? Funny!

Sand crabs, hermit crabs, hidden crabs--it's like you're starring in your own Nat.'l Geographics special! Can't get any better than the Ocean for your back yard and watching surfers from your window!!!

Audrey Crisp said...

Wow! Another post! Good job! And a pic of you! Wahoo! Can't believe how close your condo is to the beach! Those tacos look yummy! John makes fun of me for putting ketchup on my tacos too!!! Haha! Great pics!