Sunday, August 19, 2012

Costa Rica! #10 - Pete, Crocs, Herradura Beach

I finally spent some time going through my camera manual. I'm only a little ways into it, but I'm already so excited about the features I've learned how to use! Like Sunset Mode!
We went and picked Pete up at the airport on Thursday. On the way home we stopped at the bridge to show him the crocs.
Some people were throwing raw chicken to them - it was fun to watch them fight for it!
Mmm, Jaco Taco!
We stopped at Herradura Beach and had a fun time wandering around, poking around the tide pools. We spotted a bunch of cool crabs that we hadn't seen before.
All those little dots are piles of sand that a crab has carried out of its hole! Crazy!
This guy was so cool looking! We had a fun time watching him cruise around faster than the speed of light.
This rock just grew right around some old piece of metal.
Sea slugs!! There were tons of these in the tide pools and they were so fun to watch!
Hermit crabs everywhere! I liked how these ones looked like little rocks.
It's alive!
Lance was doing his best to chase Speedy Gonzalez around, but he was WAY too quick.

3 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Such cool pictures! You
Guys are having way too much fun!

Pam said...

Bravo on the Sunset Mode Pics----I'm thinking Lance could quit his day-job!!! (Which would be great news IF he didn't LIKE his job.)

Some other Portrait Studio Quality Shots: That last pic of all the crocs facing their snouts towards the log and,especially,the 1st pic of Mr. Speed of Light! Really? Is the camera THAT good, Haley? Or do you just have a HUGE talent in another area besides Speed Reading?!!

Random stuff:
The crocs creeped me out, but the sea slugs gave me NIGHTMARES!!!

Dad says that "Herradura" means "horse-shoe", in espanol.

The close-up of the rocks, is that coral? It LOOKS like it and yet it was the 'ground', basically??!!!

We now dream of someday dining at Jaco Taco....

I liked that petrefied "boot" on the beach!

But, our FAVE thing about this post: Lance trying to out-run the crabs----hilarious!

P.S. I think all these crazy crabs are incredible---lots of your posts, Haley, make me wish there was a way to download them because Seth would LOVE all your discoveries, too!

Donna S. said...

I love it all, but especially the seashells!!! (looks like a Christmas present to me...hope...hope!!)