Friday, June 26, 2009

Vancouver/Ship

We spent all day Saturday in Vancouver, mostly in Stanley Park, which is where the next couple of pictures were taken.

We had said that while we were in Vancouver we'd eat either some fresh seafood or authentic Chinese, since we have neither in Utah. So we stopped at what turned out to be a Vietnamese BBQ and were subjected to some of the foulest food we've ever experienced. The sweet couple who owned the place were standing about 8" from our faces so we tried to be polite and choke it down. But come on, the chicken was cold and had skin with hair attached. I'm dry heaving a little just thinking about it. As soon as they went into the back we high-tailed it out of there and ate at Taco Del Mar.
It was cool to be in the midst of so many skyscrapers while we were at port. None of our ports in Hawaii were in a big city. The pools were heated, by the way. We weren't sure how swimming on an Alaskan cruise would go over.
Used this room exactly once.
Which is more than we used this room.
And I wish it was more than we used this room. We sat through the most hideous musical - Pan Cirque I believe - and I sincerely wish I could get that hour & a half of my life back. I won't go into detail, because it's too painful, but suffice it to say it was vomit-inducing.
We used this room a couple of times. You could check out all the books behind glass, and there was also a shelf full of people's personal books that they left there when finished. I read a few Reader's Digests (who knew there was a Canadian version?). They also had daily puzzles and sudoku and trivia and stuff like that.
They had a game room full of tons of games, but after I slaughtered Lance so horrifically at Scrabble we mysteriously never made it back.
This was our room, which they had upgraded for free. Although the crampitude didn't bother us in Hawaii, I have to admit that it was nice to have a bit more room.
That couch folds out into a double, and that thing above it folds down into a single, so technically you could fit 5 people in there. Not that I'm inviting 3 of you to get all up in our biz on our next cruise.


This was as we were pulling out of Vancouver, taken through a dirty window. I won't let it happen again. Just kidding, I did it during the whole trip.
It was cool to see Stanley Park, where we'd spent the previous day. Even through the gross window.

This was pretty much what it looked like everywhere we went. Like the ship wasn't quite going to fit through the opening ahead. But don't worry - we made it.
Chuck Liddell's brother on the left.






2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

cool pics! i wanna be there! nice cruis ship btw! thanks for posting these!

Briana said...

What an honor...I'm speechless. I can't sleep and have been perusing thoroughly. Your blog blows mine out of the water. I'll explain "gemini vegetarian" soon.

Love,

Bri

P.S. What a trip! I can't believe there is actually a place like that. I've never been to Alaska. Dreamy.

P.S.S. Thanks for all your nogents as of late. I have needed them. I have a doozy of a tale to tell you...