This is a few minutes down the coast from Jaco, looking back at our beach.
Now this is turning the other direction, so facing south. The beach we were going to, Playa Hermosa, is on the other side of this little bay.
It was a nice, soft, black sand beach. It was so gorgeous - we couldn't believe it wasn't full of people!
The waves were super big and crashy and crazy!
Playing Poison Waves.
We could never figure out what this was, or even if it was for sure an animal.
I love the look of the bright colored surfboards against the water/sand/sky.
Hmm, I wonder if either of those houses is for sale...
I love this picture because it perfectly captures Lance's walk.
The beach was so steep!
Oops! The guy's strap broke while he was way out in the water, so his board washed in to shore.
About this point is when we started noticing the awesome little nuts that were all along the shore and started gathering them.
All kinds of fun little treasures.
This little spot was so cool! Every once in awhile a huge wave would come and spill over the side, turning it into a waterfall.
My collection.
I made Lance sit there until another monster wave came.
He was pretty patient - it took awhile. :)
But it was also kind of fun and exciting waiting for just the right wave.
I used the feature on my camera where it takes a bunch of pictures at once, to make sure I captured the moment.
It wasn't as big as the first one we'd seen, but it was still awesome.
There was a lady and her horse collecting the same nuts as us. Luckily there were plenty to go around. She said she was thinking of putting them in a vase. Good idea!
Cool, funky-shaped Dr. Seuss trees.
A little video of the beach.
My loot! Lance had to get home for a call, but I can't wait to go out again!
1 comment:
Mmmmm that chicken looks delicious!! Cool nit collection! That black sand beach looks awesome. Cool that it wasn't very crowded! Lucky you guys.
Post a Comment